Pressure Points to relieve headaches. Do they help?
Have you heard of the use of pressure points to help relieve headaches?
Treat Headaches with Pressure Points:
Union Valley Points, located between the thumb and your index finger.
- For 10 seconds pinch the area using your thumb and index finger, opposite hand firmly yet not painfully.
- Second, again for 10 seconds on this area with your thumb in one direction, then the other direction make small circles.
- On the opposite hand on the Union Valley Point, repeat this process.
Believed to relieve tension often associated with headaches, in the neck and head this type of pressure point treatment may be helpful.
Drilling Bamboo Points, locate where the bridge of you eyebrows where the ridge of your eyebrows meets the bridge of your nose.
- Apply firm pressure with both of your index fingers, both points at once.
- Make sure to hold for 10 seconds.
- Release, repeat as necessary.
Headaches suggested to be caused by sinus pain, pressure or eyestrain. Using these pressure points may relieve headaches.
Third Eye Pressure Point, where the forehead meets the bridge of the nose,
Apply firm pressure for one minute, use the index finger of one hand to this area thought often to cause headaches to relive sinus pressure and eyestrain.
Gates of Consciousness Pressure Points, located in the parallel hollow areas, at the base of the skull between the two vertical neck muscles. To use these pressure points:
- Place your index and middle fingers onto these pressure points, at the base of the skull (Occipital Bone).
- For 10 seconds press firmly upward on both sides, hold at once, release and repeat as chosen.
Said to be caused by tension in the neck, applying firm touch to these pressure points might help relieve headaches.
The Shoulder Well, located halfway between the base of your neck at the edge of your shoulder point.
To use this pressure point:
- For one minute, apply firm, circular pressure using the thumb of one hand to this point.
- Switch and repeat on the opposite side using this pressure point.
Can help relieve stiffness in your shoulders and neck, applying firm touch to the shoulder well pressure point, caused by this sensation, preventing headaches and relieving neck pain.
There may be other pressure points not listed that may also be helpful.